Current Street & Utility Projects
Public Works Department – 801.525.4419
500 West Extension
The 500 W. Extension project will improve safety and mobility on Antelope Dr. and at connections with local cross streets by:
- extending 500 W. into Freeport West
- merging Jenny Lane and 1900 S. into 500 W.
- adding a new intersection on Antelope Dr. where 500 W. will connect
- removing the traffic light at 300 W. and installing a stop sign
- installing new curb, gutter, and sidewalk
This project will increase access in and out of the surrounding neighborhoods and Freeport West by extending 500 W. into Freeport West and installing a new traffic intersection on Antelope Dr.
- Work Mon. – Fri. from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Possible noise and dust
- Occasional flagging with one-way alternating traffic on Antelope Dr.
- Single lane closures on Antelope Dr.
Crews are currently working on digging the 500 W. roadway to the needed height on the south side of Antelope Dr. As a result of this work, residents may see an increased volume of trucks hauling materials away from the site and additional dust.
This project has two phases:
- Phase 1 – Installing underground utilities
Completed: early 2022
- Phase 2- Building the roadway
Construction start date: March 2022
Estimated Completion date: end of 2022
Train watch improvement project
Construction Start Date: February 2022
Estimated Completion Date: Summer 2022
Clearfield City is installing a pressure relief valve at Train Watch Park to make adjustments to the city’s water system pressure. This project will result in better water quality pressure, better water maintenance, and increased water conservation.
Train Watch Park is still open for public use. The northwest bowery and corner of the park is closed for construction. Residents at the park may experience increased noise and dust during work hours.
This capital project has a budget of $180,000.